Misc. 'Bragging rights' articles

Articles about the 60 series Patrol

Postby RiverPatrol » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:24 am

Once in a while my red Patrol Togo makes it into print. Here are some of the articles.

This article featured 4x4 vehicles that were either over 10 years old or had over 100,000 km on them. There were 10 vehicle chosen for the article, Togo was one of them. There is a translation at the end of the article. The author apparently took better pictures than notes; much of the information is incorrect. But hey, if that's what it takes to make it to glossy print I'll take it. :D

Japanese_4x4_mag_cover_1.jpg

Japanese_4x4_mag.pdf

This was the program handed out for the Route 66 Rendezvous Annual car show. Out of over 2000 entries, they selected 18 to be 'Featured Vehicles' in the program. Togo was one of the 18.

Route_66_Sept_2004_cover.jpg

Route_66_Sept_2004.pdf

While Togo was being exhibited at the Datsun Heritage Museum, the owners of the museum arranged to have a Datsun/Nissan History exhibit at the San Diego Automotive museum. Togo was selected as one of the vehicles to participate in the exhibit. Nissan Sport Magazine was there for the Grand Opening of the exhibit, and this is their article about it.

Nissan_Sport_Issue_16_cover.jpg

Nissan_Sport_Issue_16_1.pdf

Adam Carolla did a podcast of the San Diego Automotive Museum exhibit that includes Togo. You can skip forward to 4:04 for the museum segment. Unfortunately (for me) he tried to be funny at my expense. Whatever... :naughty:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN-Ag4vaEgE[/youtube]

So, Togo is a star. No Supermodels crawling around on him though, but lots of pixels used on him. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby miksum56 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:28 am

RiverPatrol wrote:Once in a while my red Patrol Togo makes it into print. Here are some of the articles.

This article featured 4x4 vehicles that were either over 10 years old or had over 100,000 km on them. There were 10 vehicle chosen for the article, Togo was one of them. There is a translation at the end of the article. The author apparently took better pictures than notes; much of the information is incorrect. But hey, if that's what it takes to make it to glossy print I'll take it. :D

Japanese_4x4_mag_cover_1.jpg

Japanese_4x4_mag.pdf

Wow what a cool spread Miss Leslie. Good to know you're a maniac :lol:

This was the program handed out for the Route 66 Rendezvous Annual car show. Out of over 2000 entries, they selected 18 to be 'Featured Vehicles' in the program. Togo was one of the 18.

Route_66_Sept_2004_cover.jpg

Route_66_Sept_2004.pdf

While Togo was being exhibited at the Datsun Heritage Museum, the owners of the museum arranged to have a Datsun/Nissan History exhibit at the San Diego Automotive museum. Togo was selected as one of the vehicles to participate in the exhibit. Nissan Sport Magazine was there for the Grand Opening of the exhibit, and this is their article about it.

Nissan_Sport_Issue_16_cover.jpg

Nissan_Sport_Issue_16_1.pdf

Adam Carolla did a podcast of the San Diego Automotive Museum exhibit that includes Togo. You can skip forward to 4:04 for the museum segment. Unfortunately (for me) he tried to be funny at my expense. Whatever... :naughty:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN-Ag4vaEgE[/youtube]

So, Togo is a star. No Supermodels crawling around on him though, but lots of pixels used on him. :D
miksum56 Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby miksum56 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:01 am

Good stuff Lesley! Are you really one of the many American "Deep Maniac's". Gotta luv those translation programs. :lol: :lol: Adam who? Next! No Supermodels hanging around but spotted "SuperPatrolGirl" in some pics. :lol: :banana-rock: :banana-rainbow: :greetings-clappingyellow: :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy: :happy-wavemulticolor:
miksum56 Offline

Postby miller » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:35 pm

RiverPatrol wrote:Adam Carolla did a podcast of the San Diego Automotive Museum exhibit that includes Togo. You can skip forward to 4:04 for the museum segment. Unfortunately (for me) he tried to be funny at my expense. Whatever... :naughty

What a wanker. Togo looks good though Leslie
1964 MWB Soft top Patrol - 1972 MWB Soft top Patrol "Diablo" - 1977 MWB V8 "Mr Muck" - 1978 G60 Patrol Ute "HP"
miller Offline

I love driving my Patrol!
I love driving my Patrol!

Return to Articles