Australian Monthly Motor Manual 12/1967

Articles about the 60 series Patrol

Postby azsteve » Thu May 16, 2013 10:29 am

This is readable, but the image quality isn't the best. I had it scanned by the Australian National Library.

3 page article about the Patrol. Cover is included. These two parts can be combined into one after downloading very easily, they are split to allow for the upload size restriction. I also have the whole issue as a separate file if anyone is interested.

It cracked me up reading the first page... the author devotes about 5 or 6 paragraphs to describing the female Nissan rep and his thoughts about her, referring to her as "miniskirt". Has nothing to do with patrols until halfway down the page, but it's fun reading. Times have really changed, huh? Lmao, I don't think I could get away with calling my own girlfriend, "miniskirt".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1966 L60 Patrol

"Hey, watch this...!"
-probably what my last words will be.
azsteve Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby miksum56 » Thu May 16, 2013 11:03 am

Just read the article and "wow", what auto mag could employ such an idiot. Those pizza cutter usless wheels are enough to keep anything stuck in the sand. Thank goodness for our modern tire options!
miksum56 Offline

Postby Esteban » Fri May 17, 2013 8:12 am

Thanks again, Steve. Great contribution.

miksum56 wrote:Just read the article and "wow", what auto mag could employ such an idiot. Those pizza cutter usless wheels are enough to keep anything stuck in the sand. Thank goodness for our modern tire options!

Mike, the same idiots at the dealership that sent the lady... :twisted: Spoiler alert: No photos...

This article is a must have. Certainly a perfect example of a bygone era! And also, of a guy that shouldn't be test driving a 4WD if he's clueless to begin with:

It was then that we learnt the secret of the Patrol's four-wheeldrive - a secret so well kept that it is not even included in the vehicle's handbook. Two screws, located in the front hubs, have to be given a half -circle turn to actually engage the drive. Unturned, the hubs merely freewheel.

Locking hubs.. :evil: If after he's stuck, can't figure out this, he needs to go back to his training wheels..
Owner of the same Patrol since 1967
Esteban Offline

Patrol Fanatic!
Patrol Fanatic!

Postby miksum56 » Fri May 17, 2013 9:54 am

" They walk amongst us ". Maybe his Daddy owned the magazine. :hand: :think: :doh:
miksum56 Offline

Postby Swerve » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:39 am

Guys I found it OK.

You need to remember complete stock was fixed front hubs, all freewheeling hubs were aftermarket and not in the Nissan manual. Hence why they didnt know as they would have just expected standard locked hubs.

Agreed they seem a little new to 4WD, but the aussie humour was in there. Can't belive they talked about the skirt in a magazine :)

Still the getting bogged on the beach was more a dig at themselves.
Swerve Offline

I love driving my Patrol!
I love driving my Patrol!

Return to Articles