FORUM RULES

Postby admin » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:54 am

Forum Rules

These rules are clear and easy to follow. These are only in place to ensure our community is a fun place to be, and a comfortable atmosphere for all. We are all brought here by our common interest in Patrols so we should be able to get along.

If you violate any of these rules the course of action will depend upon the severity of the offense.

1. Treat other members with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated! Rudeness and incivility will not be permitted.

2. Please offer your opinion without being combative or addressing the other posters negatively and specifically.

3. Please be considerate in language you use on the forum, some of our members are younger than others. Swearing is not completely banned, just do not swear unnecessarily, and only use minor words. A filter is in place to safeguard this system.

4. Tirades and disrespectful outbursts will not be tolerated. Admins and moderators have full authority to edit, move or delete any post that they consider inappropriate for the forum audience.

5. Insulting and flaming or personal attacks against forum staff, other members or anyone else will be not tolerated. If you are deliberately making posts to incite another member, you are guilting of Flaming. Intimidation and arrogance will not be tolerated, either. We don't want any member to feel threatened or intimidated by another member. This is to encourage more people to actually participate rather than just lurk. Extreme instances of these may result in immediate and permanent bans.

6. Trolling ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll ) Is not permitted. Admins and moderators have full authority to edit, move or delete any post that they consider trolling. Extreme instances of these may result in immediate and permanent bans.

7. The forum is not to be used to outright slander anyone, member or not. If it is necessary to warn people of an unscrupulous seller or other person, please do so tactfully. Contact an admin or moderator before posting anything in this regard for a review of the content first.

8. Please do not post inappropriate material, I think everyone understands what I mean by this. The policy goes that if you would not feel comfortable viewing it at work, or in front of children or parents, don't post it !

9. Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.

10. Using red text is forbidden. Only moderators and administrators may use this.

11. Please refrain from posting images larger than 1280 x 1024 pixels, and file size larger than 2MB. This is considerate to members with slow internet speeds, keeps the forum looking tidy and keeps the disk space usage down.

12. Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.

13. No hacking, and illegal activity, such as torrents and illegal downloads, this will not be tolerated, and if appropriate, may be reported to local authority.

Thank you for your consideration,

Everyone at 60Patrol
admin Offline

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby azsteve » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:39 pm

Is there some kind of probationary period after registering? I am curious if there is always going to be a delay after posting something while waiting for it to be approved by admin?
1966 L60 Patrol

"Hey, watch this...!"
-probably what my last words will be.
azsteve Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby RiverPatrol » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:36 pm

For new users the first 3 posts have to be approved by a Moderator. If your's are still requiring approval we'll have to look into it.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby azsteve » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:39 pm

Well, its weird. I seem to be able to post unlimitedly now, but the first 10 or so messages had to be approved... and some still haven't been... ? But, I can now let it rip, it seems.
1966 L60 Patrol

"Hey, watch this...!"
azsteve Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:42 pm

Dunno. Maybe you went for post whore title too fast. ;) I don't find any posts that haven't been approved. What category are they in?
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby bosque » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:47 pm

yeah steve yur lucky Swerve has a child now or you'd never win the PW War!!! :o
bosque Offline

Helping others revive their Patrol…

Postby azsteve » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:49 pm

Lmao @ the post whore thing! Post whore would look good on a t-shirt I think. Ahh.... which categories I cannot recall, but they were not important posts. Mayhaps another suggestion...? In the forum rules an explanation about the rule of 3 might be helpful.
1966 L60 Patrol

"Hey, watch this...!"
azsteve Offline

Postby Swerve » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:34 am

bosque wrote:yeah steve yur lucky Swerve has a child now or you'd never win the PW War!!! :o

Ha ha, PAD
Swerve Offline

I love driving my Patrol!
I love driving my Patrol!

Postby bosque » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:19 am

Peripheral artery disease?
Sanitary pad?
Cricket batsman's leg pad?
Help me Swerve I'm out of touch and rigamortice is setting in!
bosque Offline

Postby azsteve » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:20 pm

Why sometimes am I unable to edit or delete my previous postings? I go to make a change and the buttons for one or the other or both are not there...
1966 L60 Patrol

"Hey, watch this...!"
azsteve Offline

Next

Return to Forum Rules