Off-Road Adventures, June 2013

Articles about the 60 series Patrol

Postby RiverPatrol » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:00 pm

Some of you may recall our member PatrolEnvy requesting pictures and information of and on Patrols a couple of months ago. He indicated that he was doing research for a column he was writing for a magazine and and also an article. Well, the June issue of Off-Road Adventures just hit the mailboxes of subscribers with the Old Iron column featuring classic Patrols! We have generously been given permission by the publisher, Off-Road Adventures, to post the article here.

You can visit the online magazine at Off-Road Adventures and visit their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ORAmagazine . It would be great to show your appreciation by 'Liking' their Facebook page. Also, if you purchase anything from 4 Wheel Parts you will receive a free 12 month subscription to Off-Road Adventures magazine.

Here is the article, both in jpg and pdf format:

Off-Road_Adventures_062013.pdf

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby zed » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:10 pm

Wonderful article, thanks Leslie for expressing the sentiments of Patrol owners who keep the flame alive.
Keith
1969 Patrol L60
1965 Patrol L60 (parts provider)
1966 PL520
1970 240Z
1990 300ZX (sold 10/04/13)
zed Offline

I love driving my Patrol!
I love driving my Patrol!

Postby bosque » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:58 pm

Nice!
This is a great synopsis of our Patrols history here in the US. Thanks to Jim Allen and River/Leslie for sharing. :D
bosque Offline

Helping others revive their Patrol…
Helping others revive their Patrol…

Postby PatrolEnvy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:23 am

Wish I'd had more space but I have plans for another article in another magazine. All I need is a good Patrol within reasonable driving distance of NW Ohio. It should be stock, or nearly so in the majority of ways, and in presentable condition. If any of you run into one, please PM me. I will be lurking and occasionally posting if I find something interesting but I will be around.

I appreciated the chance to fill my files with more good Patrol info. I think this group knows more about them than Nissan does. There may be some old Patrol hands retired from Nissan still alive, but I doubt most of the company has more than a passing knowledge. Would love to tear thru their files, though!
Jim Allen
Keeping the Good Old Days of Four Wheeling Alive
PatrolEnvy Offline

Patrol Newbie
Patrol Newbie

Postby checkers » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:03 pm

Awesome article. Great job. Never knew about Nissan and Toyota deal. Great history.
checkers Offline

So, I just bought this Patrol….
So, I just bought this Patrol….

Return to Articles