About posting documents

Service Manuals, Owner's Manuals, Parts Manuals, etc

Postby RiverPatrol » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:41 am

This Document Library is intended to be a permanent one-stop location for all 60 series Patrol related documentation. The documents are uploaded to this server rather than being links to another location. This will eliminate 'dead' links, hopefully. Feel free to add documents, but please use the Attachment feature and upload the document instead of linking to it. Eventually we will build the single largest 60 series Patrol Document Library on the web!
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby azsteve » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:44 am

What are the size limitations for uploading files?
1966 L60 Patrol

"Hey, watch this...!"
-probably what my last words will be.
azsteve Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby RiverPatrol » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:38 am

The size limitation for uploading or attaching files is actually set pretty high. That is because documents like service manuals and parts manuals can be pretty big files. At the same time you wouldn't want to upload files that are too big (that's why the parts manual is in 5 sections) because it would take too long to upload and download them.

We do ask that everyone compress or reduce the file size as best as possible without losing quality of the document. We do have a set limit on the disc space that we are allowed on the server, and large files will chew that up real fast. There are applications you can use to compress a file to make it smaller. I use an app called PDF Toolkit that easily compresses document files - that's what I used on the articles you uploaded. It is a Mac app but I'm sure there are many similar apps for Windows.

I hope that answers your question. :techie-reference:

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby azsteve » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:53 pm

yes it does. I have parts catalogs from 65, 71 and 73 with sizes of 34, 74 and 24 mb's.... if you like I will be happy to upload them. The 73 was professionally scanned and all 3 are OCR'ed w/ acrobat 10xpro...
also have a 65 and 78 service manual at 7 and 19 mb's, respectively...

the 73 parts catalog was copied from the hard copy owned by my patrols PO... its my go-to document, super helpful with the OCR search option.
1966 L60 Patrol

"Hey, watch this...!"
azsteve Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:37 pm

I think I can speak for everyone and say that would be totally awesome. :character-beavisbutthead: There is a 50 MB limit on attachment files, so the 74mb book would fail. To get around that issue I split the 77 parts book into 5 sections, maybe that would work with the big file. Acrobat could easily do that for you.

Let me know if you need any help with it.

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby bosque » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:18 pm

azsteve wrote:yes it does. I have parts catalogs from 65, 71 and 73 with sizes of 34, 74 and 24 mb's.... if you like I will be happy to upload them. The 73 was professionally scanned and all 3 are OCR'ed w/ acrobat 10xpro...
also have a 65 and 78 service manual at 7 and 19 mb's, respectively...

the 73 parts catalog was copied from the hard copy owned by my patrols PO... its my go-to document, super helpful with the OCR search option.

Dude....Dude, Right on!
Steve, That is mega. I love this site...massive info sharing...way to resourse :!:
bosque Offline

Helping others revive their Patrol…

Postby azsteve » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:33 pm

awww.... you guys are gonna make me blush!!! :romance-wub:

okay, i will upload them sometime in the next few days... I should give credit to a guy who shares my namesake, in castillian form... ;) yes, esteban was super generous and shared a ton of stuff with me, gratis. so I am happy to pass on the info to the rest of the community. (side note: can we get that feller to hang out in our neighborhood more, fearless leaders?!?)

for what its worth, though... the 73 I scanned from the PO? friggin kinkos charged over 200$ for scanning. (i didnt have much of a choice at the time, stranger in a strange land and all...) Take it from a former sheet fed pressman: support your local INDEPENDANT print shops... they care more and do better work than the chains.
1966 L60 Patrol

"Hey, watch this...!"
azsteve Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:41 pm

azsteve wrote: I should give credit to a guy who shares my namesake, in castillian form... ;) yes, esteban was super generous and shared a ton of stuff with me, gratis. so I am happy to pass on the info to the rest of the community. (side note: can we get that feller to hang out in our neighborhood more, fearless leaders?!?)

Hmmm...makes me think one or two of the scans may be familiar. :shhh:
Everyone is welcome here. He lurks frequently, maybe one day he will join in.

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby bosque » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:12 pm

We can only hope Esteban chimes in. Almost everything he posted on another site could be a sticky..... :)
bosque Offline

Postby azsteve » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:29 pm

well, I may have the opportunity to persuade him in person, very soon. My brother and sister-in-law live in the same town as him in VA. I asked the senor if he would be okay with meeting in person some time and he was most receptive. So I may be heading that way in a month or so for a baby shower and if so i WILL find the time to meet with him in person. Considering that my brother is heading to senegal for the next few years come May, it will have to be now or never.
1966 L60 Patrol

"Hey, watch this...!"
azsteve Offline

Next

Return to Manuals