1969 nissan

Really old stuff that got saved. Here are the old Nissan Patrol Club America messages from the 'General' category. Warning, it's dusty in here!

Postby npca-crsinca3 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:58 pm

recently purchased 1969 hard top, almost completely original, minute amount of rust. putting in new carborator tomorrow, along with spark plugs....after sitting for years it turned over!!!! I was very excited. Any tips? I've seen alot of requests for rubber(around windows) has any one had luck? And what about seat belts for the back seats? Any other suggestions welcome, Thank you, Christine
npca-crsinca3 Offline

Patrol Newbie
Patrol Newbie

Postby npca-riverpatrol » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:30 am

Hey Chris, welcome to the Patrol sickness! We like to refer to it as an overly developed interest...
Seat belts were not available for the rear seats. Some people have bolted some in from another type of vehicle - Jeep or something like that.
You'll probably need to take a look at your brakes. Unless the previous owner re-did them, they probably need some work.
What kind of carb are you putting one your Patrol? There aren't too many that bolt right up.
Ask away - that's what we're here for !
npca-riverpatrol Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby npca-crsinca3 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:53 pm

I put a rochester carb that matched up perfectly. afteradding some older parts on. Next question i'm throwing out there is where to purchase a mechanical fuel pump. I'm getting  close... I'll let you kow when I'm on the road. Thank you so much for responding. Chris in California, Where are you????

; ;
npca-crsinca3 Offline

Patrol Newbie
Patrol Newbie

Postby npca-danetteandkeith » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:32 pm

If you have the original mech fuel pump you can get it rebuilt for about $80 at http://www.then-now.com/

npca-danetteandkeith Offline

Postby npca-riverpatrol » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:05 am

I'm in the Inland Empire of So Cal. Where are you located?
npca-riverpatrol Offline

Return to The Archives