What have you done to your 60 Series Patrol this week....

If it doesn't fit in the others but is 60 series related, post it up.

Postby Jappy » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:58 am

My Patrol now has 30 inch rims and tires. I'm delighted I was able to get it at a reduced price.
Jappy Offline

Patrol Newbie
Patrol Newbie

Postby r1lark » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:15 am

Pulled out the plugs, looked down the cylinders with a scope, put Marvel Mystery Oil in the cylinders, and buttoned it back up. Bumped it a little with the new hand crank, and thank goodness the engine is free! :D

(Next trip to the Patrol will include pulling the rocker cover to check for stuck valves, more MMO in the cylinders, and oil/filter change.)
Paul
r1lark Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby L60Boerne » Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:16 am

Greetings,
Phoenix Patrol is at the welding shop this week. I am extending the lugs on the tire carrier so a larger tire will fit. Other than that I can't find a single thing it needs after it gets the tire swap.

Patrolling and rolling,
L60Boerne
63 Soft Top - Command & Control Vehicle 5 (CCV5)
65 No Top - Presidio Patrol (CCV4 -sold)
65 No Top - Santa's Sleigh
66 Soft Top - Phoenix Patrol (CCV6) For Sale
66 No Top - Pinto Patrol (CCV7)
L60Boerne Offline

Helping others revive their Patrol…

Postby r1lark » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:29 pm

Traveled to where my Patrol is stored (90 minutes away). Pulled the distributor and ignition wires to take home and inspect/lube the distributor (hoping the vacuum advance is still good) and see if I can replace the spark plug cables (am keeping the water protect equipment including spark plugs). Taped over the distributor hole. Pulled the oil filter to change it out, and yuck it was terrible. Ended up pulling the oil filter base off the engine to clean it. Put it back on, cleaned the rest of the filter pieces, and reassembled with a new Wix filter. Pulled the spark plugs and put more Marvel Mystery oil in the cylinders, and then put in some temporary plugs to seal up the holes. Brought the water protect plugs home to see if I can clean them up and use them for the initial startup, instead of using the new plugs. Drained the oil, thank goodness it didn't look terrible; no evidence of water.

Next trip will be put the new oil in, prime the oil system and slowly turn the engine over with the handcrank while developing oil pressure. And then put the distributor back in, as long as I don't have to send off the vacuum advance to be rebuilt.

Interesting thing I noticed is that the coil must have been changed in the past, it doesn't have provisions for the water protect-type connection.
Paul
r1lark Offline

Postby plateaucal » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:21 pm

r1lark wrote:Traveled to where my Patrol is stored (90 minutes away). Pulled the distributor and ignition wires to take home and inspect/lube the distributor (hoping the vacuum advance is still good) and see if I can replace the spark plug cables (am keeping the water protect equipment including spark plugs). Taped over the distributor hole. Pulled the oil filter to change it out, and yuck it was terrible. Ended up pulling the oil filter base off the engine to clean it. Put it back on, cleaned the rest of the filter pieces, and reassembled with a new Wix filter. Pulled the spark plugs and put more Marvel Mystery oil in the cylinders, and then put in some temporary plugs to seal up the holes. Brought the water protect plugs home to see if I can clean them up and use them for the initial startup, instead of using the new plugs. Drained the oil, thank goodness it didn't look terrible; no evidence of water.

Next trip will be put the new oil in, prime the oil system and slowly turn the engine over with the handcrank while developing oil pressure. And then put the distributor back in, as long as I don't have to send off the vacuum advance to be rebuilt.

Interesting thing I noticed is that the coil must have been changed in the past, it doesn't have provisions for the water protect-type connection.

I had some issues with my water protect distributor advance unit. Though the diaphragm held air, it wouldn't move. Since the plunger is brass and the case is cast aluminum I think, I surmised it was corrosion. I soaked the end with the plunger in vinegar for a while to free it up. Just a tip, just in case.
plateaucal Offline

I love driving my Patrol!

Postby r1lark » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:42 pm

plateaucal wrote:I had some issues with my water protect distributor advance unit. Though the diaphragm held air, it wouldn't move. Since the plunger is brass and the case is cast aluminum I think, I surmised it was corrosion. I soaked the end with the plunger in vinegar for a while to free it up. Just a tip, just in case.

Good tip! Unfortunately, mine is leaking (ie, it won't hold vacuum). It still moves the point plate some, but not sure it moves it as much as it should. I'm researching vacuum advance rebuilders. I've started a thread on the Parts and Compatible Parts section of this forum to see if anyone has used one of these companies and were they pleased with the work or not.
Paul
r1lark Offline

Postby G60michael » Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:06 am

Hi all, its Been a While between posts, but don't worry, I've been lurking most days :lol:

Anyway Hope everyone had a Great Christmas and All the best for the New Year.

About 18 Months ago I purchased a Fairl Tidy Solid Survivor Mid Wheel Base From Dubbo N.S.W, It then took me that 18 Months to Get it home, thankfully a Mate Collected It and was able to store it in His Shed for the Lengthy Period of time, until I was able to Get it Delivered to My Place In the Middle of October.

Its a Fairly Solid Old Example, Next to Zero rust other then surface stuff, I think It was somones pride and Joy in Previous Years, it is a 1978 Model.

Once Home, I went Over it, Wrote a List of what it Requires for Roadworthy, I was Stoked as it needs next to Zero Work, Other Than a set of New Shock Absorbers (there the originals still) a Brake Overhaul as they were dry and have been sitting for several years, and need to install 2 missing bolts from the Rear Tailshaft and sort the handbrake out, its ready for rego.

Nearlly all the lights work, the Suspension is all tight as is the steering ect.

Just need to Replace the Waterpump Bearing as its abit noisy, replace the belt and hoses and a Service and throw a kit in the carburettor.

I've already Replaced the Shockies, and Sorted out the Brake Side of things already, In the Way Of a Disc Brake Conversion to the front, very East Conversion if ya good on tools and a Mechanic :D

This truck will be registered In no time, its been a excellent starting base, and I think them Decals Just Make it that bit cooler

Anyway heres a Pic of the Old Girl, cheers G60 Michael :obscene-drinkingcheers:

This is how she had been living for years, Outside, Luckily its a Dry area 8-)

Delivery Day at My Place, after almost 18 months :lol:

Random Pic

And Hanging out with the 1977 G60 Factory Tub Ute for a New Years Eve Arvo Pic

G60michael Offline

Postby L60Boerne » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:43 pm

Well done! You found another winner. That last picture was a real show stopper :clap: :dance: ! Hope all is well down there too.
Happy New Year,
L60Boerne
63 Soft Top - Command & Control Vehicle 5 (CCV5)
65 No Top - Presidio Patrol (CCV4 -sold)
65 No Top - Santa's Sleigh
66 Soft Top - Phoenix Patrol (CCV6) For Sale
66 No Top - Pinto Patrol (CCV7)
L60Boerne Offline

Postby soft60 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:48 pm

I installed a new Colombian-sourced, roll-up-window soft top and frame on my (mostly) 69 SWB - more details at:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6382
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
soft60 Offline

So, I just bought this Patrol….

Postby Frio Patrol » Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:19 am

mr muck wrote:no work this week,but in recent weeks i got a couple of jobs crossed off the list,first was the pto winch,winch has never worked as i could not get the shafts past the v8's starter + exhaust,took the 60 to the shop + had the exhaust re-run,then cut + shut the shafts to the required length,next was to fit my arb deluxe v bar,found this attached to alandcruiser tray back up the local scrap metal yard,swapped the bar for a slab of vic :D had to cut a couple of rust spots out,a coat of paint + it looks a million bucks,will put up some pics later

Love that color on your Patrol!!! I'm looking to repaint mine as soon as I get it running (and stopping) correctly. I will also have to do some body work (has some rust) beforehand. Do you mind telling me what paint color you used???
Frio Patrol Offline

Previous

Return to General Topics