New Member Idaho USA

New members, tell us about yourself and your Patrol. Don't be shy!

Postby IdahoPatrol60 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:46 pm

New to the patrol world but really looking forward to this project. I've had several vintage 4x4s everything from International scouts, Series 3 Land Rover, Toyota Land cruiser, Dodge ramchargers, Chevy blazers, and quite a few two-wheel drive things in the middle. I came across a really straight very complete 1967 North American spec Nissan Patrol and after sitting 20 years I got it started and it runs like a top. I am having issues getting fuel from the tank to the carburetor but I have had success having the fuel pump suck fuel out of a water bottle. I haven't had a ton of time to research it but I'm suspecting that the original glass fuel filter May be allowing the fuel pump to suck some air through a bad seal there. I'm going to bypass that and see if I can get gasoline with that bypassed. Anyway I'll be asking lots of questions and already needing some parts like a brake master cylinder and some brake drum kits.
IdahoPatrol60 Offline

Patrol Newbie
Patrol Newbie

Postby RiverPatrol » Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:47 am

Welcome to 60Patrol! :text-welcomeconfetti: Congratulations on your new 4x4 project. You've come to the right place for all of your Patrol related questions. :D

Cool that you got it running already. That's always been something great about these Patrols - they sit for decades but given a battery and fresh gas they'll fire right up.

It could be air being sucked in from the glass bowl fuel filter. It could also be that the pickup tube in the gas tank is full of old graded gas that has varnished up and plugged the line. You can disconnect the inlet line to the fuel filter and blow air through the line to see if it's blocked.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions here. There's usually someone that can offer an answer. The Search function can be invaluable at times. Take a look around and you'll find downloadable service manuals, parts catalogs, owner's manuals and tons of old advertising literature.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby r1lark » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:53 am

Welcome Idaho!! You have come to THE VERY BEST site for information on the 60 Patrols.
Paul
r1lark Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…
You know you own a Patrol when…

Return to Introduce Yourself!