We’re gonna call her Cheri

New members, tell us about yourself and your Patrol. Don't be shy!

Postby Jbrag1010 » Sun May 10, 2020 6:27 pm

Hi

What I knew about Nissan Patrols existrance in my 53 years on this earth you could write on the head of a pin until today. I grew up in the automotive industry as my dad was a new car dealer. Now my girlfriend and I are proud owners of a 1969 Patrol with 26,000 or so miles on the odometer. Long story short my dad and my recently deceased mother(Cheri) moved to a small town in Butte County Northern California about ten years ago when they retired. About five years ago we tasked my dad with finding us a vehicle to restore for us to take to our home down in Baja Mexico for use when there. Because he lives in the country far away from the concrete jungles that exist in so Southern California where we live we thought he might be able to find us a needle in the haystack buried in the woods or in someone’s yard for us to restore. We weren’t in any hurry. My dad is a volunteer sheriff in Butte County so he drives the mountains doing checks on homes of people vacationing. About 3 years ago he saw this blue what he thought was an old land cruiser sitting in a field 400 yards of the road on someone’s property. The property was no trespass and he said to us that if he ever saw anyone out there he’d stop and ask. We had him looking for an older land cruiser type vehicle among other vehicles in that class. This past Wednesday someone was out there and today on Mothers Day, Cheri sits in my parents driveway.

I’m 2 hours into learning what we got and deciding what direction we’re going to go with respect to this restoration. Knowledge is power and I’m hoping someone here might share some patrol knowledge with us. We’ve yet to see in person and pics i’ve gotten from him are to large to post so I’ll post once downsized. It’s a hardtop and the Vin is KL60-27578 with a Prod. Date of May ‘69. I have to tell you I believe everything is there just needs a little TLC. Been parked since 2014 as a non op. I was told the owner said the only issue was a differential problem prior to being parked.

Thanks
Jbrag1010 Offline

So, I just bought this Patrol….

Postby RiverPatrol » Sun May 10, 2020 8:25 pm

Welcome to 60Patrol! :text-welcomeconfetti: What a great origin story and name for your Patrol. You've definitely come to the right place to gain more knowledge than you'll ever need about the Patrol. Don't hesitate to ask any questions, you're likely to get several answers. It does sound like a great find, can't wait to see pictures of it! Thanks for the ID info, I'll get that added to the Registry Once you have it in front of you if you could get the engine number so I can include that it would be great.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Daner » Sun May 10, 2020 9:32 pm

Welcome aboard, can’t wait to see pics!
Daner Offline

Postby Jbrag1010 » Sun May 10, 2020 9:57 pm

I’ll have better pics by this time next week. Thanks for the greetings

Here are only a few I was able to share at this time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jbrag1010 Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Sun May 10, 2020 10:36 pm

Definitely looks like it has some potential.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby ShowMePatrol » Sun May 10, 2020 10:42 pm

Welcome to the best place in the world to learn about and maintain your Nissan Patrol. Top notch Nissan Patrol experts are here at your disposal. Welcome aboard.
ShowMePatrol Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…
You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby Daner » Mon May 11, 2020 4:25 pm

Looks mostly original and intact, and it is in the best Patrol color ever!
Daner Offline

Postby plateaucal » Mon May 11, 2020 5:22 pm

Another true 69. We should start our own club within a club for the rarest and most unique U.S. Patrol.
plateaucal Offline

I love driving my Patrol!

Postby plateaucal » Mon May 11, 2020 6:43 pm

Your vehicle is the last iteration of the Nissan Patrol in the U.S. There is very much that is different about it that you will discover as you move forward. There are a few of us that own this model. As you progress in your project you will learn a lot about this rare vehicle.
plateaucal Offline

Postby jwgreen » Mon May 11, 2020 7:18 pm

And it has its original seats!!! Nice find!!
Justin
jwgreen Offline

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself!